Director & Cast
|Starring||Richard Rohan, Richard Cutting, Tim Getman, James Keegan, Kimberly Gilbert, Jeff Allin, Julie-Ann Elliott, Ken Jackson, Evan Casey, Elizabeth Jernigan, James Lewis, Thomas Penny, Danny Gavigan, Tracy Olivera, Elliot Dash, Nick DePinto, Tim Pabon, Michael Glenn, Thomas Keegan, Alyssa Wilmoth, Lily Beacon, Colleen Delany, Karen Novack, Scott McCormick, Caleb Brown, Bradley Smith, Nora Achrati, Sherry Berg, David Coyne, Christopher Scheeren, Eric Messner, Joe Brack, Terence Aselford, James Konicek, Alexander Strain, Casie Platt, Joel David Santner, Nanette Savard, David Harris, Michael John Casey, Yasmin Tuazon, Patrick Bussink, Casey Jones, Steven Carpenter, Drew Kopas, Lily David, Dylan Lynch and Damyon "Chop" Richardson|
|Book Adapted for GraphicAudio by||Richard Rohan|
|Dialogue Editors||Patrick Stratton and Rick Rohan|
|Sound Designers||Patrick Stratton|
|Original Theme Music||Dan Sondak|
|Additional Original Music||Dan Sondak and Thomas Hogan. Music by HarvestBloom ©2013 and used with permission|
|Producers||Richard Rohan and Duane Beeman|
|Executive Producer||Anji Cornette|
Civil war (Posted on 3/2/14)
- Truly amazing, you can hear the love and respect for the characters. I have purchased every comic production to date and I have never been disappointed
Civil War (Posted on 2/23/14)
- loved it. As always you all did a great job.
Civil War (Posted on 2/21/14)
- Great adaptation of story. Captured the feel of the storyline and made the characters come alive. GraphicAudio does it again.
Civil War (Posted on 2/20/14)
- An excellent production for GA's first foray into the Marvel universe. Kudos.
Civil War (Posted on 1/29/14)
- Graphic Audio did a great job on this. I hope more Marvel comes to Graphic Audio.
Civil War (Posted on 1/25/14)
Marvel joins the Graphic Audio family.
Voice talent is fantastic as always. Spider-Man's muffled voice (he is talking through a mask) was a little annoying at times, but aside from that fantastic.
I never read the Moore/McNiven novel, but it does seem very abridged than that of the epic comic series and spin-off series that it covers.
All in all, great stuff and will continue to listen.
awesome (Posted on 1/23/14)
- Great story and excellent production. off the charts supreme quality.
Stunning - incredibly written and produced (Posted on 1/21/14)
- Based on preview and sample scene I decided to give the Graphic Audio version of Marvel's Civil War a try. It was epic. The writing and sound effects are amazing. You really get lost in the story and the characters. It might sound like a marketing ploy, but it really is a movie in your mind.
Civil war (Posted on 1/18/14)
- First download overall it was friggin great. It wasn't 100 percent true to the original story but if I hadn't read it I'd never have known. I do service work and spend a lot of time in the truck with the IPOD, by the way love that i can get these on my iPod now thank you. Listened to twice back to back going shopping for the next one now
Civil War (Posted on 1/15/14)
- Awesome! I didn't like where the story line went, but did like the overall book.
Civil War (Posted on 1/9/14)
- First purchase from Graphic Audio and its awesome, great sound effects, dialogue superb with all the various actors and narration. It is indeed a Movie in your mind.
WOW..... (Posted on 1/9/14)
- I have to say this book got me thinking about right and wrong. I went a whole thinking to myself and asking "what would superman have done. But all in all ......my final thought were just wow. Had nothing else to say but wow. The narrator was just golden. The book itself was told like a masterpiece. Gotta say i agree with the idea of best audiobook of 2013. The cast of heroes were rockstars. Don't get me wrong, or mistaken I'm not easily impressed but my introduction to graphic audio kinda had easily done with. I love this book.
Top Notch (Posted on 1/4/14)
I am a huge fan of the work that GraphicAudio has done over the years with its adaptations of DC Comics graphic novels. They promise “A movie in your mind” and they have never failed to produce high quality audio dramas that sound like old-fashioned radio plays with better sound effects, special music and usually more than twenty actors plus a narrator. The fight scenes are amazing, the sound effects are always top notch.
Two or three years ago, I was asked on a message board if GraphicAudio ever performed anything by Marvel Comics. I confidently said that they did not and probably never would because DC and Marvel are like Pepsi and Coke – forever in conflict. I assumed Marvel would eventually decide to go with another publisher and that was that. Boy, am I glad that I was wrong. Marvel and GraphicAudio working together means that there will be twice the opportunities to let GraphicAudio do what they best with the very best superhero stories, especially if their first one, Civil War, is any indication of what is to come.
Full Review at: http://dwdsreviews.blogspot.com/2013/04/civil-war-marvel-comics-audiobook-by.html
Very good (Posted on 12/30/13)
- I am more a DC fan than a Marvel but I love this audiobook, mainly because there is a full cast with sound effects and a very good storyline. This is my first purchase and it won't be my last one.
About time you did Marvel! (Posted on 12/28/13)
This was my first purchase of one of your titles online, although I do have several others - all DC.
The voice acting was, as always, brilliantly done. I loved the Tony Stark / Iron Man acting as well as Spiderman / Peter Parker. Both really brought the characters to life. I'm looking forward to getting 'Drowned in Thunder' as my next purchase.
However, my big question has to be why has it taken you so long to produce Marvel stories in the first place? It's not as if you're short of material out there!
I'm sure you've had lots of suggestions for Marvel stories, so I have to put in some of mine....
The 'Secret Invasion' storyline.... It's so big it could be split into two parts. Any of Frank Miller's 'Daredevil' work. From Classic Avengers, the Kree - Skrull War story. Any Doctor Strange.... Audio would really work for him!
Whatever ones you choose to do, I'm sure they will be up to your usual high quality.
Thank you again for 'Civil War'
wow! (Posted on 11/30/13)
- I am very impressed with this title (as I am with all Graphic Audio titles) since I am a hardcore comic fan...This title brings to life some of my favorite heroes from the Marvel universe with great voice acting and explosive sound effects! Buy it,play it,love it!!!!
Fantastically Entertaining! (Posted on 11/3/13)
- This was my first Graphic Audio production and I'm now hooked! The voice acting choices were very well done and I look forward to more Marvel stories. You get a fantastic bang for your buck with these productions. Many hours of entertainment for less than the price of going to see a movie. I can't wait to enjoy more of these!
civil war (Posted on 10/31/13)
Graphic audio is freaking awesome. The way they do these audio books is excellent, I have listened to a real lot of audio books and by far, graphic audio Are the best. As for civil war, for the first marvel one, it's great but, I think it was just too short, they could have done more with it. But that is probably just me being greedy and not wanting it to end, lol
For me, they just can't produce these books fast enough, please please please, more DC and Marvel audio books, graphic audio style, cheers guys.
Marvel-ous! (Posted on 10/18/13)
- Super. An outstanding cast bring not only the voices, but the attitudes, the personalities, and mannerisms of your favorite Marvel characters. Since learning of Graphic Audio, they are my "go to" before any trip, and this selection was outstanding! I cannot get over how incredible Civil War was. Having read the comics, I was very familiar with the source material, and Graphic Audio did an amazing job. I have told friends and family about Graphic Audio.....everyone should experience "a movie in your mind".
MARVELlous (Posted on 9/28/13)
- Years ago I heard a number of BBC produced audio dramas featuring Batman and Superman. Since then I have years looking for other productions that met the same quality, then this year I discovered Graphic Audio. This was the first production I listened to as I am a huge fan of this the Civil War comics and this did not disappoint. The voices were excellent and production amazing! Since listening to this I have started a strong collection of the DC comics drams produced by Graphic Audio and I can't wait for the future Marvel productions. I would love to see other productions of Marvels cross over events such as House of M, Secret Invasion, Siege, Fear Itself and the more recent Avengers VS X-men. My only criticism with Graphic Audio, as someone who likes to own the CD's, is that the charge of international shipping is almost the same as the cost of the CD, yet most titles can be found on Amazon.com where shipping costs far less. Having said that though i would not object to buying an mp3 download if it meant saving money on shipping and still having the pleasure of experiencing GA's marvellous productions.
Amazing story (Posted on 9/13/13)
- Graphic Audio has always been incredible at doing books, but with a Graphic Novel I was wondering how it could work in an audio form. Transforming a story from a visual medium into an auditory piece was amazingly done. The descriptions are well done, and the way the audio was done is very similar to the Marvel Movies. Iron man sounds differently when in the suit, and from outside the suit. A must get for any Marvel fan!
wish there was more (Posted on 9/12/13)
- I loved the story, I hope there is more to come from this story line.
Civil War (Posted on 9/3/13)
Very good audiobook. I'm not as big of a fan of Marvel characters as DC characters, but this book was enough to make me purchase more.
Very well done as always (Posted on 8/27/13)
- Prior to the release of this feature, I had greatly enjoyed GA's DC Comics titles, most notably their two-part adaptation of Infinite Crisis. I have always found the production of GA titles to be among the best audio drama production I have ever heard. This title was no exception. I think that this was the very best storyline in the Marvel universe for GA to start with. I had not kept up with Marvel Comics in several years, and this was a great point for me to jump back into it. Now I'm off to check out the newly released Spider-man title.
Outstanding listen. (Posted on 8/25/13)
- Civil War was a great comic to read, but the listen was just as pleasent. Graphic Audio paints a great picture and brings the comic to life. Very well done as all the other audio's I have purchased.
Review (Posted on 8/25/13)
- This is a good comic turn audiobook. civil war is well done good cast of voices. hope for many more Marvel comics to come
Wonderful (Posted on 8/24/13)
- This kept me intrigued, can't wait till the next Marvel title to come out. This takes us into a whole new world of the Marvelverse, definitely recommend this for anyone who is a comics fan!
Civil War (Posted on 8/23/13)
- I have not kept up with Marvel Comics, so listening to this major turning point in the Marvel Universe was fantastic! I can see how having 3 heroes per state will open up many new stories for Marvel. But, what I don't understand, why the super heroes couldn't just reveal their secret identities to the government only? There are twists and turns in this story, shocking surprises, and great character development! The cast, the music, the sound effects are all spot on!
Winner of AudioFile Earphones Award (Posted on 8/19/13)
- Forty-nine actors come together in a tour de force to create an amazing audiobook version of Marvel Comics' game-changing series Civil War. Non-comic fans may enjoy it, and comic fans will love it. Everyone sounds perfect— exactly as the characters should, and the music and the sound effects further enhance the experience. While all the actors are outstanding, kudos goes to Richard Cutting, who plays Iron Man with just the right amount of overconfidence and optimism but with dashes of doubt and even a little self-loathing. He heads the government effort to identify, train, and control every superhero after a tragedy kills almost a thousand people. Captain America and others refuse to be conscripted and start a war that splits the superhero community. M.S. Winner of AudioFile Earphones Award © AudioFile 2013, Portland, Maine
Review (Posted on 7/12/13)
- A refreshing view of Marvel comics with a very accurate depiction of some very popular action superheroes. This was obviously a major production. However, I thought the action sequences were a bit disappointing hollow. A very ambitious effort by Graphic Audio, but not their best work by far.
Items 1 to 30 of 44 total